Capital Home Mortgage San Antonio
San antonio VA Home Loans
Texas VA Mortgage Lender
San Antonio VA Home LoansAre you a member of the U.S. military? Or are you the spouse of a military service member? The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) provides qualified service members a unique home loan benefit. With strict credit and down payment requirements, returning service members often find it hard to get a home purchase loan. You can easily apply for a VA home loan to enjoy VA benefits unavailable with any other loan product. Capital Home Mortgage offers VA loans to returning service members in San Antonio. Speak with our San Antonio mortgage officers to get details about the VA loan application process. If you’re the service member’s spouse (or surviving spouse), you may also apply on behalf of your husband or wife.
San Antonio VA Eligibility RequirementsThe VA requires service members to meet minimum service requirements before qualifying for a VA loan. You must also present a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE) as one of the formal requirements. To be eligible for a VA loan, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Served for a minimum of 90 consecutive days of active service during times of war;
- Served for 181 days of active service during peacetime;
- Served for six years of service in the National Guard or Reserves;
- Your spouse, who was a service member, died in the line of duty;
- You are the spouse of a service who incurred a service-related disability.
Your eligibility remains if you were discharged for:
- Hardship, or at the government’s convenience, or due to a need to reduce the number of active military personnel;
- A medical condition or a service-connected disability;
- An early-out, having served a minimum of 21 months of a 2-year enlistment.
San Antonio VA Loan BenefitsOne thing to highlight about VA loans is their benefits. Service members’ benefits from VA loans aren’t found in other mortgage products. Let’s discuss the exclusive VA benefits:
1) No Down PaymentVeterans and service members can immediately get a VA loan without worrying about money for the down payment. There’s no such loan offering zero down payment except VA loans. FHA loans usually require a minimum of 3.5%, while conventional mortgages start at 3%.
2) No Private Mortgage Insurance RequiredVA loans don’t require private mortgage insurance. FHA and conventional-conforming loans require PMI if the down payment is below 20%.
3) Less Strict Credit RequirementsWhile the VA doesn’t set credit requirements, lenders can be flexible in fixing their credit score benchmarks for VA loan applications. However, it still pays to have a decent credit history as it can impact your interest rates.
Apply for a San Antonio VA LoanAre you eligible for a VA home loan? Apply for a VA home loan today and enjoy exclusive VA benefits. Capital Home Mortgage is a direct mortgage lender. Let us help you secure your home in San Antonio. Contact us at (210) 634-1225 to get started.
Why San Antonio HomeBuyers are Choosing Capital Home Mortgage
Close On Time
Complete Control from Application to Funding
Low Rates & Low Fees
Direct Lender with Competitive Rates & Low Fees
7 Day a Week Support Application to Final Mortgage Payment
San Antonio Mortgage Rates
Have you ever wondered why interests rates are what they are and what determines the final rate? Why borrowers receive different interest rates? Or why rates go up and down? Interest Rates are calculated using several factors.
- Demand for the mortgage Securities
- Property securing the mortgage
- occupancy of the property
- Loan to value of the property
- Borrower’s credit worthiness
San Antonio VA Purchase Loans
Proudly Serving Active Duty, Retired and Disabled Veterans obtain homeownership. Call today to speak to a VA loan officer.
- Simply Qualifying for Veterans
- No Down Payments Requirements
- Lower Credit Scores Accepted
- Manual Underwriting Allowed
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance
- Seller concessions to 4%
- higher debt to income Allowed
- Manufactured homes permitted
San Antonio VA Refinance
Proudly Serving Active Duty, Retired and Disabled Veterans to Save Money. Call today to speak to a VA loan officer.
- VA IRRRL Rate & Term
- Streamline Option
- No Appraisal Required
- No Income Verification
- Cash-Out or Loan Conversion
- Full Documentation
- Appraisal Required
- Income Verification Required
San antonio VA Eligibility
- Active Duty – 90 days Wartime / 180 Days Peacetime
- Honorable Discharged – 22 Months of Completed Service
- National Guard / Reserves – 6 Years Completed Service
- Spouse of a Service Member who Died in the line of Duty or Service related Disability