Capital Home Mortgage Fort Collins
Mortgage Lender Fort Collins Colorado
Home Loans In Fort Collins Colorado
Situated at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the fabulous city of Fort Collins is home to a wide array of experiences. The city offers something for everyone, from diverse cultural attractions to family recreational opportunities and a vibrant nightlife scene. Plus, it’s the craft beer capital of Colorado.
Are you looking to own a home in Fort Collins? Buying a house isn’t an impulsive decision. Many individuals and couples who think they’re ready for such a substantial financial commitment may not be as prepared.
At Capital Home Mortgage, we can help you secure the financing you need to purchase your perfect home in Fort Collins. But first, here are the top things you should know before starting house hunting.
3 Things Every First-Time Homebuyer In Fort Collins Should Know
1. Start Saving Early
The down payment is not the only colossal cost you’ll need to plan for when buying a home. Many first-time homebuyers are surprised by the number and amount of purchase expenses. These include:
- Down payment — Some home loans allow as low as 3%. Particular loans allow for a 0% down payment. Having a decent amount set aside for your down payment is always good. It can help you avoid private mortgage insurance.
- Closing costs are fees associated with finalizing your mortgage and homebuying process. They can range anywhere from 2% to 5% of the home price.
- Moving expenses — If you’re moving to Fort Collins from another city or state, your costs may be thousands of dollars.
- Prepaid Items – Prepaid costs are not the same as closing costs. They are upfront costs needed to obtain a mortgage. These include 1 full year of homeowners insurance, property taxes in escrow, and mortgage interest from when you close until the end of the month.
2. Keep Tabs On Your Credit
Even if you’ve been responsible for your credit and have consistently made on-time payments, it’s good to look at your credit situation before commencing the homebuying process.
The lender will do a hard credit check during the pre-approval stage, and the last thing you want is to see an unpaid bill or unexpected open account dragging down your credit score.
3. Work Out a Budget and Stick to It
Along with adequate savings, it’s crucial to have a strict budget that fits your lifestyle. As a first-time homebuyer, it’s easy to be drawn to a house you can’t necessarily afford. Without a budget in place, you may make an offer that is way outside your price range.
When working out your budget, be realistic about what you can afford over the long term. Pick neighborhoods within a specific range and prioritize critical considerations, such as amenities, living space, and distance to places like work, schools, and hospitals.
Fort Collins, Colorado Mortgage Lender
Just because you’re a first-time homebuyer doesn’t mean finding the right home loan in Fort Collins must be arduous. At Capital Home Mortgage, we’ve made it our mission to streamline the mortgage process and help ensure an enjoyable home buying experience.
We offer various home loan programs, including Conventional and government-backed mortgages. We’re a direct lender, making all the decisions from application to funding. This enables our loan officers to process applications faster and provide competitive interest rates.
Get Your Home Loan In Fort Collins
Our team at Capital Home Mortgage Fort Collins understands how overwhelming the home loan process can be, especially for first-time borrowers. We’re committed to ensuring a smooth, hassle-free experience from start to finish.
Call us now at (303) 226-1177 to get started.
Why Fort Collins HomeBuyers are Choosing Capital Home Mortgage
Close On Time
Complete Control from Application to Funding
Low Rates & Low Fees
Direct Lender with Competitive Rates and Low Fees
7 Day a Week Support Application to Final Mortgage Payment
Fort Collins Mortgage Rates
Have you ever wondered why interests rates are what they are and what determines the final rate? Why borrowers receive different interest rates? Or why rates go up and down? Interest Rates are calculated using several factors.
- Demand for the mortgage Securities
- Property securing the mortgage
- occupancy of the property
- Loan to value of the property
- Borrower’s credit worthiness
Fort Collins Mortgage Programs
Fort Collins Home Purchase
Thinking of Buying a Fort Collins Home?
Looking to Purchase a Home? We have the loan program for you… Call today to speak with a loan officer to discuss your personal mortgage options.
- Primary, Secondary, Investment
- FHA, VA, USDA, Native American
- Conventional, Jumbo, Non QM
- Reverse, Renovation, Manufactured
Fort Collins renovation home loans
Looking to Rehab a Fort Collins Home?
Want the Charm of an Older Neighborhood? But want a new place or a fresh look? Why not look at a renovation loan? Purchase the Perfect Home and make it your own. Call today.
- Remodel, Renovate or Repairs
- FHA 203K Streamline or full
- fannie mae homestyle reno
- freddie mac home choice reno
Fort Collins FHA Home Loans
Great for 1st Time Fort Collins Homebuyers
FHA Home Loans are great for first time home buyers, buyers with less than perfect credit, or buyers needing less out of pocket. Call today to get started.
- Smaller Down Payment
- Flexible Underwriting
- Higher Debt to Income Ratios
- Lower Credit Scores OK
Fort Collins VA Home Loans
100% Financing for Fort Collins Veterans
Proudly Serving Active Duty servicemen and women, as well as, retired and disabled veterans. Call today to speak with a VA loan officer.
- Simply Qualifying for Veterans
- No Down Payments Requirements
- Lower Credit Scores Accepted
- Manual Underwriting Allowed
Fort Collins Conventional Home Loans
Flexibility for Fort Collins Homebuyers
Conventional Home Loans are the best option for flexibility of property types and for mortgage loan terms. Call today to get speak to a Loan Officer.
- Primary, 2nd Home, Investment
- Great Rates & Low Fees
- Single Family and Multi-Family
- Renovation Loan Programs
Fort Collins Jumbo Home Loans
Fort Collins Non Conforming Loans
Jumbo Home Loans also called Non Conforming Home Loans are great options for buyers needing financing outside of agency limits. Call today to speak to a loan officer.
- Primary Residence and 2nd Homes
- Higher Loan Amounts – 3 Million
- Great Interest Rates
- Investor Specific Guidelines
Fort Collins USDA Home Loans
100% Rural Fort Collins Home Loans
USDA Loans are a great option for families wanting to live outside of the city. Call today to speak with a loan officer to discuss your personal loan options.
- Rural Properties Only
- Primary Residence Only
- Geographic Restrictions
- Income REstrictions
Fort Collins Native American Loans
Fort Collins HUD 184 Home Loans
HUD 184 Home Loans are solely for Native American and offer a variety of benefits. Call today to speak with a loan officer to find out more.
- Primary Residence Only
- Manual Underwriting for All Loans
- No Credit Score Requirements
- Tribal Grants Allowed
Fort Collins Manufactured Home Loans
Great Alternative Fort Collins Housing
Manufactured Home Loans offer options to purchase an existing residence or build your dream home on your own land. Call today to speak to a Loan Officer.
- Existing Purchase or Refinance
- OTC Land/ Home Combo
- Lock Rate Before Completion
- FHA, VA, USDA, & Native Loans
Fort Collins reverse mortgages
Your Fort Collins Home at Work
Reverse Mortgage Loans offer seniors options to use their home’s equity for cash or to eliminate payments. Call today to get speak to a Reverse Loan Officer.
- primary residence only
- simple qualifying – equity based
- credit scores not applicable
- Minimum age 62
Fort Collins Non QM Home Loans
Making Fort Collins Mortgages Possible
Looking for Non Traditional Home Mortgage Loan? Contact a Loan Officer Today to discuss the alternative mortgage options currently available.
- Purchase, Rate and Term & Cash-out
- Primary, Secondary and Investment
- Full Doc & Bank Statements Programs
- Corporations OK
Fort Collins One Time Close mortgages
Build Your Fort Collins Dream Home
Want to Build? But unsure of what the future looks like? Remove the risk with a One Time Close Construction Loan. Call today to see how a OTC loan works.
- Primary Residence Only
- Close Once
- Lock Rate at Contract
- Traditional Final Mortgage
Fort Collins Refinance Mortgage Loans
Fort Collins Rate & Term Refinance
Refinancing can be a hard decision and the payback can sometimes be confusing. Call today and let our Loan Officers walk you through the process.
- Reduce Mortgage Term
- Lower Monthly Payments
- Appraisal Waivers
- Streamline Options Available
Fort Collins Cash-out Home mortgages
Fort Collins Equity Mortgage Loans
Cash-Out Mortgage Loans make use of the equity in your home by allowing you to refinance the current mortgage and access this equity to use as you see fit.
- Debt Consolidation
- Investment Opportunities
- Home Improvement
- Vacation or Education