Capital Home Mortgage Colorado
Colorado Non Qualified Mortgages
Non Qualified Mortgage Lender Colorado
Non-Qualified Mortgage Loans In Colorado
What is a Non-Qualified Mortgage?
Non-qualified mortgage loans (non-QM loans) are loan products that do not conform to the lending guidelines set by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). These loans are designed for home buyers who need help to meet the stringent requirements for a qualified mortgage, such as real estate investors, foreign nationals, self-employed individuals, and credit-challenged borrowers.
Non-QM loans differ from regular or qualified mortgages (QM loans) in several ways. A qualified mortgage meets the CFPB’s “ability to repay” rule, which requires lenders to vet borrowers’ finances and set terms on the loan they are likely to pay back. On the other hand, non-QM loans use alternative income verification methods instead of the standard income methods used in QM loans. Additionally, non-QM loans are not insured, guaranteed, or backed by government agencies like FHA, VA, or Fannie Mae, unlike QM loans.
Types of Non-Qualified Mortgage Loans
There are several types of non-QM mortgage products available, including:
- Asset Qualifier Home Loan: This type of non-QM loan allows you to get a mortgage against your liquid assets instead of income.
- Home loans exceeding 30-year terms.
- Home loans with negative amortization.
- Home loans with interest-only payments.
Non-QM loans may also exceed the CFPB’s current price-based thresholds, such as QM Safe Harbor (APR ≤ APOR + 1.50%) and QM Rebuttable Presumption (APR > APOR + 1.50%, but ≤ 2.25%).
Some borrowers who might benefit from non-QM loans include retirees, self-employed individuals, real estate investors, business owners, foreign nationals, and buyers who live off investments or have high assets. Non-QM loans allow borrowers to qualify based on alternative methods, such as bank statements or using assets as income, instead of traditional income verification.
Pros and Cons of a Non-Qualified Mortgage
Before applying for a non-QM loan, weighing the pros and cons and determining if it’s the right option for your specific financial situation is essential.
- More flexible documentation requirements: Non-QM loans often have less stringent documentation requirements, making them more accessible for borrowers who may have difficulty providing the necessary paperwork for a traditional loan.
- Higher DTI ratio limits: Non-QM loans may allow for higher debt-to-income (DTI) ratios, which can benefit borrowers with higher debt levels.
- Interest-only payment options: Some non-QM loans offer interest-only payment options, which can result in lower monthly payments in the initial loan period.
- Lower credit score requirements: Non-QM loans can benefit borrowers with low credit scores who may not qualify for traditional mortgages.
- Flexible terms: Non-QM loans may offer more flexible terms, such as balloon payment options and 40-year loans, unavailable with most qualified mortgages.
- Greater risk of default: Non-QM loans, such as interest-only mortgages, may increase your risk of defaulting on the loan.
- Higher down payments: Down payments for non-QM mortgage loans are usually higher than other mortgage products.
- Higher interest rates: Non-QM loans often have higher interest rates than qualified mortgages.
- Costly upfront fees: Borrowers may face more upfront fees when applying for a non-QM loan, adding to the overall cost of the mortgage.
- Limited availability: Non-QM loans are less readily available than qualified mortgages, which may limit your options when searching for a suitable mortgage product.
Apply for a Non-Qualified Mortgage in Colorado
Capital Home Mortgage recognizes that not all consumers possess the same characteristics. Even if you do not have a typical income, we can still provide you with the necessary financing to buy a home or refinance your current mortgage.
Additionally, our team can help you explore other types of home loan products. We provide a variety of qualified and non-qualified mortgages to meet the diverse requirements of our customers.
Want to learn more about our options for non-qualified mortgages? Call us immediately at (303) 226-1177.
Non-Qualified Mortgage Loans Colorado
A house loan that is excluded from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) agency-standard documentation standards is referred to as a non-qualified mortgage, or non-QM. Non-QM loans could include mortgages with maturities greater than 30 years. It is designed to aid homeowners who require assistance and cannot meet the strict requirements of a qualifying mortgage.
Borrowers can use unconventional methods of proving their income while applying for a non-qualified mortgage, which may help them get approved for a house loan. Borrowers with especially unusual income qualification circumstances may be eligible for these loans.
For new house purchases, refinances, investment properties, or second homes, a Non-QM loan may be used.
Who is Eligible for a Non-QM Loan?
For borrowers who can afford a mortgage but have a special financial situation that makes getting a qualifying mortgage difficult, a non-QM loan may make homeownership attainable.
Non-QM loans cover the gap for independent contractors with low average incomes or those who have had difficulty obtaining a qualifying mortgage loan due to credit issues. Non-QM loans include underwriting standards that enable the lender to see your financial history in its entirety. This gives the lender the opportunity to assess a borrower’s capacity to repay a loan from a little different angle than usual.
For the following people, a non-qm is advantageous:
People who are self-employed, foreign nationals, real estate investors, borrowers with significant assets, and borrowers with low credit scores.
Benefits of Non-QM Loans
if borrowers don’t otherwise qualify, assist them in getting a mortgage;
Give more lenient conditions;
Use other forms of proof of income, such bank statements.
Benefits of a Non-QM Loan
Increased interest rate; Significant down payment; Limited supply.
Compared to typical mortgages, non-QM loans are more expensive both up front and over the course of the loan. You will probably have greater closing costs and a considerably higher interest rate than with a traditional mortgage because of the added cost of points and fees that usually go along with a non-QM mortgage.
Apply for a Non-QM Loan in Alaska
By helping you establish your goals, a Capital Home Mortgage Colorado loan officer can help you decide which of our non-QM mortgage solutions may be best for your unique financial situation. To begin, dial (303) 226-1177 right away.
Why Colorado HomeBuyers are Choosing Capital Home Mortgage
Close On Time
Control of the Loan from Application to Funding
Great Rates & Low Fees
Direct Lender Providing Competitive Rates and Low Fees
Exceptional Customer Service
7 Day a Week Support Application to Final Mortgage Payment
Colorado Mortgage Rates
Have you ever wondered why interests rates are what they are and what determines the final rate? Why borrowers receive different interest rates? Or why rates go up and down? Interest Rates are calculated using several factors.
- Demand for the mortgage Securities
- Property securing the mortgage
- occupancy of the property
- Loan to value of the property
- Borrower’s credit worthiness
Colorado Mortgage Programs
Colorado Home Purchase
Thinking of Buying a Colorado Home?
Looking to Purchase a Home? We have the loan for you… Call today to speak with a loan officer to discuss your personal mortgage options.
- Primary, Secondary, Investment
- FHA, VA, USDA, Native American
- Conventional, Jumbo, Non QM
- Reverse, Renovation, Manufactured
Colorado renovation home loans
Looking to Rehab a Colorado Home?
Want the Charm of an Older Neighborhood? But want a new place or a fresh look? Why not look at a renovation loan? Purchase the Perfect Home and make it your own. Call today.
- Remodel, Renovate or Repairs
- FHA 203K Streamline or full
- fannie mae homestyle reno
- freddie mac home choice reno
Colorado FHA Home Loans
Great for 1st Time Colorado Homebuyers
FHA Home Loans are great for first time home buyers, buyers with less than perfect credit, or buyers needing less out of pocket. Call today to get started.
- Smaller Down Payment
- Flexible Underwriting
- Higher Debt to Income Ratios
- Lower Credit Scores OK
Colorado VA Home Loans
100% Financing for Colorado Veterans
Proudly Serving Active Duty servicemen and women, as well as, retired and disabled veterans. Call today to speak with a VA loan officer.
- Simply Qualifying for Veterans
- No Down Payments Requirements
- Lower Credit Scores Accepted
- Manual Underwriting Allowed
Colorado Conventional Home Loans
Flexibility for Colorado Homebuyers
Conventional Home Loans are the best option for flexibility of property types and for mortgage loan terms. Call today to get speak to a Loan Officer.
- Primary, 2nd Home, Investment
- Great Rates & Low Fees
- Single Family and Multi-Family
- Renovation Loan Programs
Colorado Jumbo Home Loans
Colorado Non Conforming Loans
Jumbo Home Loans also called Non Conforming Home Loans are great options for buyers needing financing outside of agency limits. Call today to speak to a loan officer.
- Primary Residence and 2nd Homes
- Higher Loan Amounts – 3 Million
- Great Interest Rates
- Investor Specific Guidelines
Colorado USDA Home Loans
100% Rural Colorado Home Loans
USDA Loans are a great option for families wanting to live outside of the city. Call today to speak with a loan officer to discuss your personal loan options.
- Rural Properties Only
- Primary Residence Only
- Geographic Restrictions
- Income REstrictions
Colorado Native American Loans
Colorado HUD 184 Home Loans
HUD 184 Home Loans are solely for Native American and offer a variety of benefits. Call today to speak with a loan officer to find out more.
- Primary Residence Only
- Manual Underwriting for All Loans
- No Credit Score Requirements
- Tribal Grants Allowed
Colorado Manufactured Home Loans
Great Alternative Colorado Housing
Manufactured Home Loans offer options to purchase an existing residence or build your dream home on your own land. Call today to speak to a Loan Officer.
- Existing Purchase or Refinance
- OTC Land/ Home Combo
- Lock Rate Before Completion
- FHA, VA, USDA, & Native Loans
Colorado reverse mortgages
Your Colorado Home at Work
Reverse Mortgage Loans offer seniors options to use their home’s equity for cash or to eliminate payments. Call today to get speak to a Reverse Loan Officer.
- primary residence only
- simple qualifying – equity based
- credit scores not applicable
- Minimum age 62
Colorado Non QM Home Loans
Making Colorado Mortgages Possible
Looking for Non Traditional Home Mortgage Loan? Contact a Loan Officer Today to discuss the alternative mortgage options currently available.
- Purchase, Rate and Term & Cash-out
- Primary, Secondary and Investment
- Full Doc & Bank Statements Programs
- Corporations OK
Colorado One Time Close mortgages
Build Your Colorado Dream Home
Want to Build? But unsure of what the future looks like? Remove the risk with a One Time Close Construction Loan. Call today to see how a OTC loan works.
- Primary Residence Only
- Close Once
- Lock Rate at Contract
- Traditional Final Mortgage
Colorado Refinance Mortgage Loans
Colorado Rate & Term Refinance
Refinancing can be a hard decision and the payback can sometimes be confusing. Call today and let our Loan Officers walk you through the process.
- Reduce Mortgage Term
- Lower Monthly Payments
- Appraisal Waivers
- Streamline Options Available
Colorado Cash-out Home mortgages
Colorado Equity Mortgage Loans
Cash-Out Mortgage Loans make use of the equity in your home by allowing you to refinance the current mortgage and access this equity to use as you see fit.
- Debt Consolidation
- Investment Opportunities
- Home Improvement
- Vacation or Education