FHA Home Loans
Welcome to Capital Home Mortgage. Are you wondering about FHA Home Loans and if FHA is right for you? We can help you understand the advantages of a FHA Home Mortgage and if it is the right loan for you. Capital Home Mortgage is a direct FHA Mortgage Lender. Meaning Capital Home Mortgage has FHA direct endorsement authority to underwrite and approve your loan. This allows complete control of the loan process and loan approval providing a streamline decision making the experience quick and stress-free.
Ready to get started? Call now and one of our mortgage professionals will answer your questions and walk you through the pre-approval. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide your home financing needs.
FHA Purchase Loan
FHA Home Loans are mortgage loans for 1st time home buyers, buyers with limited credit, buyers with less than perfect credit and buyers with higher debt to income ratios. As the goal of FHA is to make homeownership more attainable, FHA underwriting guidelines are less strict than other mortgage loan programs. This FHA flexibility allows for easier loan qualification making the barrier to homeownership less challenging.
- Simple Qualifying
- Small Down Payment
- Seller Paid Closing Costs to 6%
- Flexible Underwriting
- Higher Debt to Income Ratios Allowed
- Lower Credit Scores Allowed
- 580 with 3.5% Down Payment
- 500 with 10% Down Payment
- Manufactured Housing OK (Subject to Restrictions)
FHA Refinance Loan
FHA offers a streamline refinances that simply reduces the interest rate and lowers the payment or shortens the term of the loan. This rate and term option can be fully documented loans, or can be reduced documentation. The other FHA option is a cash-out refinance allowing homeowners the ability to access the equity in the property. (Not Allowed in Texas)
- Streamline Option – Rate and Term Only
- No Appraisal / No Income Verification Required
- Full Documentation
- Rate and Term / Cash-out options
- Closing costs can be Rolled In
FHA 203K Rehabilitation
In addition to traditional purchase and refinance loans, FHA offer a rehabilitation loan that can be use either with a purchase of a new home or as part of a refinance. The FHA 203K Home loan is offered to allow homeowners to purchase less than perfect homes or to bring the current home update with improvements.
- Streamline 203K – allows for up to 35K of improvements to be financed into the loan. This can be combined with a purchase or with a fully documented refinance. The improvements are typically cosmetic, but can be limited structural as long as the improvements are not for an addition.
- Full 203K doesn’t have a maximum for improvements, however the loan does have to stay within county specific loan limits. The full rehab can be used for any improvements to the home itself including an addition. Full 203K loans require the use of an approved HUD consultant.
Capital Home Mortgage Company Reviews
What is a FHA Loan?
FHA stands for “Federal Housing Administration” which is part of HUD ”Housing and Urban Development”. Established in 1934 and prompted by the great depression FHA had one goal: to make homeownership affordable. A great step in our nation’s history as the majority of Americans were renters, not having large down payments that traditional banks required.It is important to understand that FHA doesn’t lend money. FHA instead provides lenders a guarantee that covers the lenders from loss in the event of a foreclosure. It simple terms FHA insures the portion of the loan that a buyer would have would normally had to put down to qualify for a traditional loan, allowing for small down payments to purchase. All FHA loans require mortgage insurance. The mortgage insurance comes in an upfront fee, which can be financed into the loan and a monthly fee made through the mortgage payment. These installments from the payments support the guarantee fund and makes FHA loans possible. This fee is fixed for the term of the loan and is the same regardless of credit.